Chimney Fold Card Tutorial ~
This card is extremely easy and fun to make! Make 1 and you'll make 20 of them!
This card fold is so versatile for so many stamp sets, designer paper, color choices, the possibilities are endless!
For this first one I used "Nuts About Squirrels" Stampin Up stamp set.
You can find this using the "Shop Now" feature.
• Pumpkin Pie Cardstock: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 2”, 3 1/8”, 5 3/8” & 6 1/2” along the long side
• Pumpkin Pie Cardstock: 2 7/8” x 4”
• Beauty of the Earth DSP: 1 3/4” by 5 1/4” (2 pieces)
• Beauty of the Earth DSP (wood grain pattern): 5 ¼” x 2”
• Basic White: 2” by 5 1/4 ( Card inside )
• Basic White: 2 1/2” x 3 5/8”
• Basic White Scraps for Squirrels
- Scraps of color cardstock for leaves.
I also used:
- Retired punches for the leaves ( you could use any leaf dies or punches that you have. I sponged some Crumb Cake Ink around the edges of the leaves.
- Stamp & Blends Markers for coloring the squirrels.
1. Start with the Pumpkin Pie card base 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 2”, 3 1/8”, 5 3/8” & 6 1/2” along the long side. Fold the scored lines to match the above picture.
2. Use the two pieces of Designer Series Paper pieces and adhere to the left and right sides of card base.
3. Adhere the Beauty of the Earth DSP ( wood grain pattern) to the centre.
4. Add dimensionals to the center of the back of the Pumpkin Pie 2 7/8” x 4” rectangle & adhere to the middle of the wood grain layer.
5. Stamp & Color the squirrels using Basic White Scraps, then just fussy cut (its not that bad, kinda relaxing really...lol ) around the images.
6. Stamp your greeting on the 2 1/2” x 3 5/8” Basic White scrap. Assemble the squirrels and leaves to this same piece of white . Adhere to the Pumpkin Pie Cardstock layer with dimensionals.
7. Stamp the tree branch and a few leaves or an additional sentiment to the Basic white 2" x 5 1/4 piece, and attach on the back of the card as pictured below.
Baam!! You're done! And you have a gorgeous card!!
I made a few more of this card fold for examples, check them out below and see all the different cards you get just by changing the designer series paper and the stamp set.
I used "Shaded Summer" stamp set on this card, and the "Summer Shadow Dies",
I embossed a piece of Basic White 2" x 5 1/4 using the "Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder". The DSP used is "Hand Penned". Again, I used the rectangle die from "Color & Contour bundle", as well as "Genial Gems" for some added bling.
You can shop for any of these products at my online store, just click here:
I took advantage of the FREE "Peaceful Prints" DSP ( ask me how you can get your free Sale a Bration items ) to make this gorgeous Christmas Card using the same card fold.
This adorable little Turtle Friends card, I saw on a group where another demonstrator had posted, and had to make it cuz it was so cute and colorful!
Amazing use of the "Turtle Friends" Stamp set and punch.
Such a cute card design and the options are endless by just adding some nice stamped images and beautiful designer series papers.
If you have any questions about this card design or any of the products used to make these cards just shoot me an email at email@example.com
You can also comment below and I will address your questions.
Please feel free to send me a pic should you decide to try this card with your own creative swing.
Thanks for having a peek! 😏
The Paper Artist
Post a Comment